Buying a house - Discover our new first-time buyers service
Have you almost saved your deposit for your first home? Are you about to start house hunting and are worried about your next steps?
"Your mission should you choose to accept it is to follow the first-time buyer success blueprint over the next 4 weeks to develop your skills and get prepared so that you can go out and buy your happy first home, escape renting and start the next stage of your life."
Hi, I’m Tom from Move Engine. We offer education and online training to first-time home buyers in the UK who are about to start the house hunting process.
We help you get from where you are to where you want to go, whilst building your knowledge and skills so that you make better choices, avoid common mistakes and save time and money along the way.
What challenges do first-time buyers face?
Having worked with many first-time buyers there often comes a point when they need help.
The first signs there might be a problem are feelings that you are worried about going to view properties.
After having saved for so long this is understandable. It’s a big deal and a important decision to get right.
Some people tell us they are worried they are going to struggle to find a property that suits their needs so continue to search on websites like Rightmove and Zoopla and time passes by.
Others say they are nervous about all the next steps, from viewing the property and checking it for potential problems to making sure their budget works and they will have enough money left over to enjoy life.
Wherever you are, know that you are not alone.
Until now, it’s highly likely no one has taught you how to buy a home. What to think about and how to get prepared. And how to overcome any challenges that are standing in your way and keeping you from moving forwards.
That’s why we recommend following steps to build your skills to get prepared.
We base these steps on what our clients tell us matter most to them:
- Have you got the right budget worked out so that you are sure what you can afford, not only for the mortgage but all the ongoing costs?
- Have you got the right team around you, for example the right mortgage adviser and solicitor? Choosing the correct mortgage could save you thousands of pounds and being mortgage savvy can help you know if you are getting good advice or not.
- Are you clear on any other move costs how to save on them? It’s not just about the deposit but also all the other costs. Often until you have saved these it will be hard to go out and make a confident offer. By learning how to shop around you can keep these costs down.
- Will you avoid first-time buyer regrets by making sure you get the best property for you? One of the most important things is that you end up with the right home for you and you feel it was the best you could get at the time. Many buyers we work with are buying at the top of their budget so the clearer they are on what is possible and what their options are the less time is wasted and the sooner you can feel ready to make a decision.
- Can you check the property is priced correctly and do you know how to play your offer so that you don’t feel you are overpaying? This is a skill but we can teach it to you. Also, are you making sure you know any potentially expensive problems with the home before you buy by carrying out your viewings and surveys in the right way? You don’t want any hidden surprises.
Once these are completed you will feel ready and confident to say ‘yes’ the moment the right property comes along.
This can seem daunting, which is why many of our clients like to chat to us first about where to begin with this.
Which is why I invite you to a ‘Complimentary Next Steps Coaching Session’:
Request your complimentary next steps coaching session
In this 30 min free session we will cover:
- Chat about your situation and plans to buy your first home
- Learn what you need to do to feel prepared and ready to start viewing properties
- Talk through any possible challenges or worries or fears you have that are stopping you move forwards
- Get a clear plan for what you want to do next
There is no pressure to use our services and this first call is free, leaving you clear on your next steps.
What happens next?
There are 3 simple steps after you submit your request:
- We will contact you to arrange a time that suits you for the call
- We answer your questions and guide you on your next steps
- You are free then to choose if you need any further help and will not be pressured into anything
Read some our recent reviews
Hi, my name is Tom and I’ve worked in the property industry for over 15 years. It was both my personal experiences buying houses and the lack of support in the industry for first-time buyers that led me to start Move Engine. Having gone into the buying process with such high expectations, I was disappointed with the lack of help and support available.
So Move Engine was created and I went out started to find the best partners in the industry to help you. In the last year I have personally helped over 50 first-time buyers with the next step of their journey. Our website had over 17,000 visitors in the last year and is continuing to grow.
If you are struggling to get started or have some questions holding you back, then let’s chat it through together so that you can move forwards. There are no silly questions when it comes to buying your first house and we are here to help you.
We want to be clear and upfront so here are our Terms and Conditions
The information in this page is intended for guidance and you should always seek professional one to one advice where possible. The first coaching call is free after which you have the option of paying a fixed fee to use our service going forward. Move Engine does not provide financial advice and will introduce you to the best mortgage adviser we know to help you if you need it. There are no guarantees that buying a house will be easy, but we aim to make sure it as smooth as possible and that you are supported by an experienced adviser to give you the best chance of success.
*Move Engine will receive a referral fee for introducing you to a mortgage adviser paid for by them if you choose to use their service. We guarantee that you will not be charged differently had you gone to that mortgage adviser directly yourself. We work hard to make sure our recommendations fit your needs and a high quality service. We welcome all feedback so that we can improve our service. Please contact us if you have any feedback or questions.
Need mortgage advice instead? We can even help you connect with our recommended mortgage advisers and other professionals if you need one.
IMPORTANT: YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE
Move Engine is a trading name of Propology Digital LTD a registered company in England & Wales.