Are you ready to start house hunting and buy a house? - Start your Readiness Quiz
It’s an exciting time buying your first home, and you want things to go as smoothly as possible. But we know it can get confusing, and that you might face some challenges along the way.
Having learnt the basics of how to buy a house the next step is to get prepared so that you can go out and starting house hunting. This is especially important if you are the sort of person who likes to plan ahead.
The good news is by getting prepared and the right support you can avoid expensive mistakes and feel much more confident along the way.
Take our readiness quiz at the bottom of this page to see how well prepared you are for your next steps.
But first let’s highlight some of the key challenges ahead of you.
That way you will know why it is so important to get prepared BEFORE going out and finding your dream first home.
Going out and buying your first home as always been a big and daunting step. But the current market is making even harder for first-time buyers to successfully navigate the process.
You may have heard of these additional challenges, including:
1. House prices keep rising – House prices across the UK are at record levels. This makes it hard for first-time buyers as the average bank has a limit on what they will lend you based on your salary making it harder to borrow what you need.
2. High deposits – With high house prices comes high deposits – saving is tough when renting and many people are forced to look for help towards their deposit.
3. A lack of properties to choose from – The property boom in the last year has meant there are less and less properties to available to buy. This makes deciding what to buy and finding the one harder.
4. It’s pretty competitive out there – Lots of buyers are looking to buy right now. This means it can get competitive and we need to be able to move quickly to not miss out.
5. We don’t know what we don’t know – Inexperienced buyers are going out and starting viewings but not being ready. This leads to them often feeling rushed, confused and making mistakes.
Facing these challenges in an already complicated process can make the thought of going out and starting your journey on your own pretty daunting.
Having coached many buyers we know the first step is to know where you stand.
After all once you know the areas where you are not as prepared as you would like to be then you can do something about it.
That’s why we have put together this fun ‘Readiness Quiz’ so that you can make sure you are prepared to start house hunting and see clearly where you are.
Take the short quiz to see how ready you are to go out and buy your dream first home.