Thinking of selling your home in the next year?
Find potentially interested buyers ready for when you do
The UK property market for years has worked in the same way. Get an estate agent to value your property, put it on the market, hope it sells, and hope you can find a property to buy.
The problem is this way of selling can lead to problems.
A report from 2019 showed that nearly a quarter of property sales fell through before reaching completion.
It’s no wonder then, that the government is looking at ways we can improve how things are done.
Now, it would be unfair to say that all of those are due to the way we buy and sell houses, but we believe that it is not helped by the current system.
To improve your chances of success you must stack the odds in your favour
As a seller, you want to make sure you do the right things from the start to ensure your sale is successful.
Ideally, you want as many serious people as possible interested in your home when it hits the market so that it sells quickly. Hopefully, this leads to multiple offers and you can pick the best buyer to make sure your sale is a success.
Often this comes down to a little luck, correctly pricing your property and presenting it properly. Your choice of estate agent can also make a big difference, helping you find more buyers and making sure your sale goes through.
If you found a buyer today would you be ready to move?
One of the main problems that we face as sellers is getting the right timing for us. If you want to move onto to the next home you need to:
- Prepare your current home so that it can get the best price possible
- Make sure your finances are available
- Find and secure the perfect home to buy
- Sell your current home to a willing buyer
And make it all happen at roughly the same time.
Often it can quickly become a difficult and stressful process. Understandably many people choose to put it off because of the emotional hassle involved.
And what about buyers?
For many buyers, it is also common that they might not be ready to buy yet. Some might be still saving for a deposit. Others might need to sell their current home before they can buy.
When you put those two things together you have a problem.
So what is the solution?
We think it’s really quite simple:
- Build interest in your property from buyers who are realistic about your timescales
- Prepare your home for sale as best you can
- Get an estate agent to help you correctly price your home and recommend how to achieve the best sale price.
- When you are ready to sell, tell the world your home is now available to buy and let the estate agent generate additional interest.
- Then let them deal with the hassle of viewings, negotiating and handling the sale for you so that you can move.
Of course, that sounds great but how do you do that?
One option is to just put the property on the market in the traditional way before you are ready to sell to start generating interested buyers.
There are two problems with this approach.
Firstly, You have to put the property on the market when probably both you and the property are not ready. That could be because of timing or you still need to do some small improvements to its presentation.
Secondly, how it then looks to the public when it doesn’t sell for a year:
The result of early marketing is often a price reduction and a drop in interest.
Savvy buyers can see this information as shown in the screenshot above.
This might lead them to make false assumptions about the properties current value based on the length of time it’s been on the market.
It also shows that sometimes it’s hard to get the price right the first time and gauge potential interest levels in your property.
At Move Engine we want to help you find buyers for your home in a new way. We are looking for willing sellers to help us test it.
How it works:
1. Create a coming soon listing – Choose between uploading photos or filming a simple video tour of your property and providing some basic details about it
2. Let us share it with buyers who are willing to wait to find the right property. We won’t share your contact details, just your listing.
3. If they like your property they can register their interest in it
4. We can then connect you with an estate agent and let them help you value your property and suggest how best to prepare it for the market (With no obligation to use them)
5. When you are ready to sell tell us. We will then notify all the buyers who have registered interest in your property. Letting them know it is coming to the market and how they can be first to view it.
It’s a simple idea and we are keen to test it out with your help.
We want to know your feedback
We want to know what you think about this service by providing us feedback answering a short simple questionnaire. After taking into account your feedback we will then go to the next stage of running a pilot in the Nottingham area.
If you want to get involved with this new service launching exclusively in Nottingham first then please register below:
Got questions concerns or feedback? Tell us at firstname.lastname@example.org